Bluetooth Car Kits for iphone4, does what I want exist?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Niteace, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Niteace macrumors member

Hello all, i was wondering if anyone knows of an integrated solution for the following?

A car kit that connects to the iphone via bluetooth that works with music, calling gps(navigon) and voice control

That connects to my peugeot 307(2002) stereo via cable(as my experience with fm transmitters is that they don't work reliably. I have spent over eur100 with different fm transmitters and they simply don't work.)

I'm thinking I will buy the Navigon iphone holder as a nice sturdy mount.

I'm also thinking I will have to buy a new stereo with a line in or something but I would prefer not to if i can avoid it.

So what do you think guys? Any suggestions would be v welcome.

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

I've a 307 with the Peugeot official bluetooth kit. It works great but doesn't play music or GPS, though. It supports voice dialling and phonecalls through the car speakers but that's about it. And it's bluetooth, so it doesn't charge the phone.

If you do come across one, let me know. But for me, the bluetooth kit works great.

3. Niteace thread starter macrumors member

If I do find one I will let u know! Thats the problem too, when looking at all the different car kit options its very hard to know if calling, music and gps will all work without actually buying one, and they ain't cheap :(

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

FYI the Peugeot one is really just a rebranded Parrot kit. Works well but I had to get the dealer to fit it.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Check out Crutchfield. They have great filters to aid in research.

6. Niteace thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the tip, they have a lot of kits on there.

7. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

Alpine decks are nice and are support full-speed iPod playback. They only have a radio, bluetooth music, and the iPod hookup which is a cable you can have put anywhere you want (mines in my glovebox.) You just hook up your iPod and away you go, best quality of music you can get from an iPod in my opinion and the best deck(s) you can get in my opinion.

This is the deck I currently have: http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ida-x305s

It's an amazing deck with great features and yes you can add a bluetooth kit for hands free calling which even supports voice dialing through the iPhone. the bluetooth kit is a $100.00 add on but well worth it. The deck is intuitive and has great control for the iPod/iPhone.

Just my 2 cents.

8. Vesian macrumors member

I'm currently using the IDA-X001. I don't know if this problem has been fixed in the x305s revision, but my ipod connector is trash. Sure, it plays SOME audio streams from the phone (navigon, radio scanners, ipod for some) but some apps for some reason just won't output sound via that cable no-matter what you do (heytell, skype, phone calls come to mind). What I did today is order a cable for the AUX out port and just hooked that into the headphone jack. Solved my problem nicely.

9. sosyn macrumors newbie

Fwiw, I just got the F920BT from the Pioneer AVIC range. It integrates perfectly with my iPhone 4, contacts are synced, calling works and if I connect to the phone via bluetooth in the carkit user interface and select is as an audio source it automatically plays whatever app had the audio control on the phone (in my case usually Podcaster :)).

It also has a connector which you can plug in to your iPhone for direct control of album play and direct audio throughput -- might be better quality than over Bluetooth, I don't know, don't have the cable for it yet and don't wanna bother now that I have BT.

I assume the other AVIC kits (without navigation) have the same bluetooth base so they'll probably work just as well.

My experience with FM transmitters is the same -- they're ok for podcasts if you can find a position to put your phone and cable in which causes no static, but the audio quality generally sucks.

10. JM2 macrumors member

My understanding is that Alpines lock the phone so you can't run other audio apps, is this what your talking about? I've got a Pioneer and it has a mode called "iPod control" in which you have audio control from phone itself. Thus any audio app (like Slacker) works fine. Even the TomTom navigation app comes thru my radio.

However it sounds like your talking about phone related stuff... if that's the case then my Pioneer does the same thing, the work around is putting the caller on speaker phone.

11. sjdigital macrumors regular

The Parrot Mki 9000 series do what you are looking for, i.e. hook into your car audio system and stream music, phone and GPS from your iPhone via Bluetooth.

12. Sean006 macrumors 6502

ive got the iSimple solution with my stock radio in a 2009 GMC sierra

works great...i can stream every thing...pauses the music when a call comes through,displays the number on my radio,hang up and the music is back on..

i have the iSimple gateway with the bluetooth module so i have cable coming out of one of the pockets on the dash which is right below the cradle they installed for the phone.

charges the phone also !

i can either stream music of play it through the cable..they did an awesome job on the install....mic is right above my rear view mirror..

i highly recommend this product..

13. zippinglou macrumors newbie

14. Niteace thread starter macrumors member

I took a look at that video, that doesn't work through the car speakers does it? That would be a deal breaker for me.

Anyways in case anyone is interested I upgraded my car to a Toyota since starting this thread and spent 200eur on a parrot 9200. I installed it myself which was not as hard as I thought it might be. It's easy once you have the right cables, although doing it again I prob would just spend the 30eur and get it installed professionally. It works great, music streaming, phone calls, gps voice control etc. Works great either on Bluetooth or using the cable to connect directly to the iPhone. Its a bit expensive but worth it I think.