Bluetooth completely broken on iOS 8?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by bobright, Oct 4, 2014.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I was always able to hook up to my kinivo Bluetooth speaker to iOS 7 (while awful in itsef it worked) well finally got around to trying to hook it up last night and NOTHING. Several reboots did nothing as well. I heard about Bluetooth in the car having problems but looks like it's everywhere.

I can not believe Apple released the pos that is iOS 8 they should be embarrassed. It's unbelievable how broken it is. How is this even allowed to be released?

2. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

My bluetooth works fine.

3. Alrescha macrumors 68020

No

It is not broken for me. I do not use it a lot, but just as an experiment I dug out my headphones and turned on Bluetooth on my iPad. The headphones connected the first time, and I am listening to them now.

Worth mentioning is that I had not used these yet on iOS 8, but my previous pairing was still there and worked fine.

What is unbelievable is how badly some people want to convince others that it is.

A.

4. azhava macrumors regular

Works fine for me (iPhone 5). Pairs with both my BT speaker and earpiece first time, every time. Same with wife's iPhone 5.

5. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Delete the pairing, and try again. Devices probably forgot each other.

I've had no issues pairing iOS 8.0 or 8.1 beta with anything bluetooth I've tried, even speakers I was trying out at Brandsmart.

6. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Oh please not sure if you just bought your first iPhone or two but I've had every one and iOS along the way and 8 is by far the most problematic, look no further than this forum and the web it's clear people have had LOTS of issues

It isn't showing up as a device at all will fully charge and try again.

7. Alrescha macrumors 68020

I have had every iPhone since the original, and no, iOS 8 is not the most problematic new release for me by a long shot.

A.