Bluetooth conflicts with my Mazda Connect return with updates

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rjjacobson, Dec 13, 2015.

1. rjjacobson macrumors 6502

rjjacobson

same problem as before. Thought the 9.2 and WatchOS 2.1 fixed. . It is three days after the update and for 3 days no interference with my Mazda Connect. Today thought big time, dropping and connecting my ipone -- both audio and the cell part and contacts list. Would connect, then loose connection, connect loose connection, actually worse than with 9.1 and watchOS 2.01. So like my experience with the later OS's the interference comes and goes (I would have a week where no airplane mode needed for watch then back and needed). But the phone part (for calling and all) always had no problems before these updates just the bluetooth audio for me with Mazda Connect. Now both are having issues this is regression rather than improvement. My $700 wrist tech is causing issues with my new $25K Mazda, a real pain apple! having to put in airplane mode is a bother although I can turn off after the car connects without further problems but should not have to need to do this. Oh well I do not have hope that apple with fix this. Typical bluetooth pain I guess with compexities of iPhone, auto bluetooth and the apple watch...

2. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

$25K car probably is too cheap for Apple to care. Just look at what Apple executive drive, probably is more than $25K.
    So unless Apple executive start driving cheaper car, it will be awhile for them to realize iOS 9.2 & WatchOS 2.1 break $25K car's bluetooth.

Just want to put a smile on you... :)

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

They will probably fix it. They screwed up the BT phone stack when they partnered with BMW for the first in-car BT. BMW had to release an apple-specific BT module. Then apple fixed it in the next major OS release.

4. rjjacobson thread starter macrumors 6502

rjjacobson

5. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

I didn't understand most of that.