Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikosk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Is it possible to only connect the audio from the iPhone like Spotify and not phone calls when paired to a bluetooth output like a speaker or car? I would like to stream my music over the bluetooth speaker but take all calls on my phone.

I am assuming this isn't possible since there doesn't be a way to be selective on the outputs from the bluetooth menu on the iPhone, only an on/off button.

rzc16512

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2015
Is it possible to only connect the audio from the iPhone like Spotify and not phone calls when paired to a bluetooth output like a speaker or car? I would like to stream my music over the bluetooth speaker but take all calls on my phone.

I am assuming this isn't possible since there doesn't be a way to be selective on the outputs from the bluetooth menu on the iPhone, only an on/off button.

No. However when you answer a call the output menu should automatically show up and you can just tap iPhone.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
What vehicle/device are you connecting to? This information might be helpful in figuring out what's possible.

By default our Toyota system connects both but you can manually go in and disconnect one or the other.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Yes and no.

FOR ME whatever device I answer the phone call on is where it's transferred. So if I answer from the steering wheel button in the car it goes thru the cars audio. Same applies to a BT headset.

However if I pick up the phone itself and swipe to answer the audio goes to the phone.

Some people on this forum say they have different results though. If that is the case when your on the phone you can press 'audio' and switch to 'iphone' right from the dialer screen once you answer the call all while staying connected to your cars Bluetooth.

In either case what you are looking to accomplish is possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.