All iPads Bluetooth Connected but No Internet on MBP

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iPagan, Dec 25, 2012.

1. iPagan macrumors regular

I have a 1st gen, 3 G iPad JBed and running MyWi 5.5. I can tether my 2010 13" MBP(Mountain Lion 10.8.2) to it via USB or WiFi with NO problem. Out of curiosity, I tried to tether the MBP to the iPad via Bluetooh--have never played with Bluetooth before. At first, the two devices were paired but not connected. Then after I turned on and off the bluetooth functions on the two devices several times, suddenly there was a connection! But when I launched either Safari or Chrome on the MBP, there was NO internet!

Now what's wrong?

Did some search, no result was found.

Anyone could clue me in to save me some hassle?

I've never played with Bluetooth before. I have to be honest.

Many thanks in advance!

2. Cubytus macrumors 65816

Don't know what you're trying to do here, so correct me if I'm wrong, but Bluetooth connectivity on i-devices is heavily limited, and can't be used to share the 3G connection of a 3G iPad.

3. brand macrumors 601

brand

If you bought MyWi it should include support so I would recommend contacting the developer using the Contact Us link on their webpage. If you pirated it instead of purchasing it you are on your own as far as support goes.

4. iPagan thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm, basically it is curiosity on my part.:) I have MyWi 5.5 with MyWi On Demand on my 1st Gen, 3G iPad. I can tether my MBP to the iPad via USB or WiFi with NO problem. Out of curiosity, I wanna give BT a try. :D

MyWi advertizes BT tethering as using the least amount of battery. Another reason I wanna give it a try.

----------

Nah, it's not pirated. It's legally purchased through Cydia.

You gave me an idea. I might hit the Contact button to get in touch with Intelliborn.

PS: Not that I have to use BT tethering. See my other posts in ths thread. It is mostly curiosity on my part. :D

Thanks for chiming in!