bluetooth connection and charging problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stuart2102, Mar 12, 2018.

1. stuart2102 macrumors regular

stuart2102

Hello there friends i just want to ask you're thoughts about my macbook its been more than 5 yrs from now since i bought my mcbook and i notice that my bluetooth is not working anymore and my charging is having a problem like what happen yesterday i charge it and whent it reach 100% it turns GREEN the light at the connector slot i didnt unplug it as i used to be for more than 5 yrs but now i notice that my battery drain and the light still GREEN, from 100 to 30% so i touch the connector cord and there you go it turns ORANGE again meaning its charging, WHAT HAPPEN HERE? why did it drain the battery which is still plug to the wall socket?

2. chscag macrumors 68030

chscag

It sounds like your MagSafe Adapter charger cord or connector end may be the problem. Check the connector end to see if it's dirty or possibly some small metallic particles are clinging to it. The cord may also be frayed internally after so many years of use. Both problems mentioned here are common things that can effect the MagSafe Adapter charger. Your MacBook may seem like it's charged when in fact it was not - which is why when you moved the cord it turned to orange.

3. stuart2102 thread starter macrumors regular

stuart2102

Thanks chscag for your thoughts