Bluetooth connection to iPhone keeps disconnecting/reconnecting every few mins

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dictoresno, Feb 28, 2017.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Noticed recently in the last two or three betas, Bluetooth keeps disconnecting and then within seconds reconnecting to my watch. I don't know if this is an iOS issue or Watch issue, but leaning towards Watch issue since I never have dropped connections with my car radio. I'll notice it happen maybe once every 5 mins while actively using my phone. I'll see the Bluetooth icon dim (disconnect) then flicker and turn solid (reconnect). Anyone else having this continuous issue?

2. jdag macrumors 6502a

I found this thread and thought I'd bump it as I am having similar problem...

Whenever I am in my cars I notice that my iPhone will reconnect frequently and I will see a "reconnecting iPhone" notice on my car's navigation display. I have 2 similar vehicles and notice it in both. Also, my wife has same issue with her Apple Watch in both cars.

I am guessing that every time there is some communication between the watch and iPhone, such as an incoming email or notification, that this causes the disconnect and reconnect.

Any ideas on a fix? It is annoying and distracting to see the reconnection notification on the screen so often.