Bluetooth connection to Macbook problem..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by beaker49, Jan 13, 2009.

1. beaker49 macrumors newbie

I'm getting frustrated trying to send pics back and forth from/to My Macbook and My 3g. I have tried all the shutdowns,restarts,repairing,deleting,entering codes, etc. that might work...but no luck...but other bluetooth devices work fine and make connections. The Macbook searches, finds the Iphone, and pairs o.k., but doesn't make a connections and an error message in red comes up to say that the device *iphone* doesn't have parts necessary to connect. I'm entering the code suggested. Macbook pairs, then the error message comes up saying connection failed. So the problem is ...Pairing ok, connection fails.
    Hoping there may be some thoughts on this to solve my problem?
    Thanks!

2. mohicanspap macrumors regular

You simply can't transfer files to you iPhone Apple doesn't allow that and the iPhone doesn't support that type of thing. But the devteam is working on unlocking the bluetooth chipset and I think it should be coming out soon. You would need to have a jailbroken phone to get such a thing though.

3. beaker49 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok!

Thanks for that info. I've used Blackberry's for years and it was simple to send photos back and forth to my pc's...Never thought it wouldn't be allowed...Only had my 3G for a month and just getting used to it! *Already have 8 pages of apps, though!*
    ciao~
    B.

4. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

When you sync your iPhone with iTunes, it can be set up so that it automatically transfers the pics on your Camera Roll with iPhoto. You can also transfer pics from Aperture or iPhoto to your iPhone.

Don