Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by ArmPol, Nov 5, 2014.

1. ArmPol macrumors member

Hi,

I will put my problem here though I am not sure if this is a Yosemite issue, an IOS8 issue or a hardware issue.

I have the following equipment: nMBP13" 2012, MacMini 2011, MBA13" 2013 and a iPhone 5s.

All are running Yosemite 10.10.1 or iOS 8.1.

They can all see each other over bluetooth and will send a pairing number. But then they all drop the connection immediately. In the Bluetooth Preferences window they all show as "not connected' after a couple of seconds of showing connected.

Am I doing something wrong as surely all devices by one Company - Apple must have compatible Bluetooth?

Thanks

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Just FYI, you don't actually have to pair them to use Continuity/Handoff features

That said, I had BT connectivity issues with my keyboard, mouse and trackpad
    Tried everything
    Found this on another Forum
    No idea what it does, if it will work for you or not, but it fixed my problem

I ran this in Terminal:
    sudo kextunload -b com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport
    sudo kextload -b com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport

As far as Continuity/Handoff (if that is what you are wanting, I don't know), my advice is to log out of your iCloud account on all devices (including Mac) and log back in with a restart.

That fixed my issues with Continuity/Handoff