Bluetooth connectivity to a Verison Samsung Phone?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sylvanmartyr, Dec 27, 2008.

1. sylvanmartyr macrumors newbie

I dunno if i'm posting this is the right thread, so mods, please move it if it isn't (i'm rather new to this forum)

but anyhow
    I'm having problems connecting my Samsung ALIAS SCH-U740 to my macbook pro via bluetooth. I have a card reader, but i left it at school for the break and i was trying to get file transfers to work over bluetooth.

after poking around in the phone settings and getting the phone to be recognized by the computer, i got it connected fairly easily, but my problem is this: firstly, in the bluetooth menu, it says the phone is "not connected" and i can't find a way to make it stay connected. Second, when i try to browse my phone via bluetooth, i get an error that says that my phone doesn't have the necessary services.

Is there a way around this or does this mean that i'd need to upgrade my plan (again) to allow bluetooth data transfers?

thanks!
    -Martyr

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Unfortunately Verizon cripples most of their phones. Bluetooth file transfer is allowed only on a few phones, and I don't think the Alias is one of them..
    Again, unfortunately, it's not something you can just upgrade your plan to, but rather get a different phone.
    I know my LG Dare allows file transfers so no problems there..

3. sylvanmartyr thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, i figured that was what was going on. Thanks anyways