Bluetooth Connectivity with GM Vehicle glitch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chenjas1, Aug 1, 2011.

1. chenjas1 macrumors member

Strange thing just happened to me and I've reproduced it a few times...

I was sitting in my living room trying to check my work voicemail from my iPhone 4 (which happens to be running iOS beta 4), so I dial my work number but I don't hear any ringing through the headset. I look at the screen and there's the pop up saying it's connected to General Motors as a source. Weird. I run out to my car and lo and behold, I hear the ringing and work voicemail greeting through the speakers of the Camaro... With NO keys in the ignition.

photo-1.jpg

Anyone else have this glitch?

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

sounds like not so much a glitch as that for some reason your car leaves the bluetooth running even when its off, and you were in range with your phone

but no, I haven't had this issue with my Buick LaCrosse. then again, thats probably because I turn off bluetooth on my phone when not in the car (but it still doesn't seem like the bluetooth is on in the car when the car is off). You might want to consider doing that, as it will save battery life

3. snowman1 macrumors regular

Like dccorona said, I think your car is just leaving the bluetooth on even when the ignition is off. I have a Chevy Cruze, and the bluetooth automatically shuts off when I open my car door after turning the ignition off. No problem with the sources thing.

EDIT: Nice car by the way. I love Camaros!

4. chenjas1 thread starter macrumors member

I have a similar thread over at a Camaro forum and a few members are also exhibiting the same issue. Consensus is that OnStar pushed out some sort of software update that is leaving Bluetooth on even after the keys are out of the ignition and the door is closed. Everyone who has this issue says it just started a few days ago.

5. snowman1 macrumors regular

That may very well be the case because I ended my OnStar subscription a long time ago, so I wouldn't get this update.