Bluetooth devices on Airplanes?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by seong, Aug 2, 2011.

1. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Hi all. I was just curious about using bluetooth devices on Airplanes. I have these earphones, and they connect to my iPod Touch via Bluetooth.
    I've read through many of other forums (non-Macrumors Forums) but they all ended up without any concrete answer, and they date back to 2006/2007. I'm pretty sure something has changed between then and now.
    Is it allowed, or is it not? From what I know so far, Bluetooth send signal 10m radius. If I was to be in the middle of the plane, I assume Bluetooth signal won't even be able to interfere with the cockpit or any other radio transmission. My next question is, if bluetooth devices COULD potentially cause trouble and make the plane crash, then why are we flying on a such a dangerous creation? Wouldn't the radio towers or satellite could have the safe effect?

Thanks in advance.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Once the airplane has reached its cursing altitude, its safe to use Bluetooth devices.

3. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

Thank you for your quick response :)

4. chown33 macrumors 604

I have cursed in an airplane at all altitudes, even during takeoffs and landings, and while sitting on the tarmac waiting for takeoff clearance. There is no unsafe cursing altitude.

+1 for typo of the day.