Bluetooth disappears in Windows 7 after SP1

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ClayTheTurtle, Dec 30, 2011.

1. ClayTheTurtle macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hello, everyone! Recently purchased my first Mac, the 21.5" iMac, and have found it a great experience so far. Though I dabble with Mac OS I primarily use Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, which I installed off the retail disc. Things worked great until I let Windows update and install Service Pack 1. Big mistake, apparently! Now no Bluetooth devices work. The icon has disappeared from the bottom-right taskbar. It is not "hidden." Attempts to force the icon to appear inform me the process is not running but will happily show next time it does.

My first attempt to fix was to reinstall the bootcamp drivers from the OSX disc. No dice. Then I attempted to fully reset the iMac by pulling the power cord. No help there either. I also updated Boot Camp to 3.3 from 3.2 (I'm running Leopard for no reason I understand, as it says Lion on the box), but this too didn't help.

Exhausted with the time wasted and no help to be found on the world wide web, I decided to just restore Windows to before I installed SP1. This didn't result in an error, or a critical error, but a catastrophic error (or so the error message said) and could not even start the restoration.

Bluetooth still works fine when I boot into OSX, and as far as I know other drivers for Internet and video still work fine in Windows. I've poured over the net for most of the day, and I'm just at a loss of what to do next. I can manage to use Windows with a pen tablet, but I have no USB mouse or keyboard, so you can see the problem I have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. elazz macrumors newbie

The only solution I have now is deleting the boot camp partition in MAC OS X and reinstall windows 7 again.

I also received this problem about an hour ago after installing windows 7 service pack 1 on my imac 27. The whole Bluetooth app/driver has been deleted and I don't think it can be fixed with the Driver Disc/Driver Download. So now I must make a back-up of all my files/games and use a USB mouse instead until I have the time for the back-up. Those games are about a 100GB and more than half is digital download.

So I hope someone knows how to fix this problem because I' ve tried everything so far. BTW I have never problems in Max Os x lion.

3. Exhale macrumors 6502

Is the Bluetooth Settings applet visible in the control panel?

The BT Icon has an odd habit of disappearing when attempting to power down the bluetooth module, particularly when using the in-OS option to disable it.