Bluetooth Disconnecting

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by alxz1194, May 21, 2015.

1. alxz1194 macrumors member

I've had :apple: watch for about 3 weeks now, and a couple of days ago I've noticed an issue with the Bluetooth connection. Every few hours, the watch will disconnect from Bluetooth and my iPhone also loses its wifi connection. On the iPhone, I can neither connect to the apple watch or a wifi network when this happens. I've tried resetting network settings and this hasn't helped. It seems like the only fix is to turn off Bluetooth and turn it back on, however, this is becoming very annoying. When I cycle the Bluetooth on/off on the iPhone, it reconnects both to wifi and the apple watch. Has anyone else come across this issue?? :confused:

2. Packfan99 macrumors member

Packfan99

No issues with any of my connections. I've had it about 9 days now.

3. alxz1194 thread starter macrumors member

Could this be an issue with the iPhone or is it something with the bluetooth connection with the watch causing this? Like I said earlier, I had mine for about three weeks without any issues, so I'm stumped as to why this has been happening

4. LD Curb macrumors regular

LD Curb

to the OP - I'm so sorry I don't have an answer for you but if misery loves company, I think i may have the same issue going on. At home with wifi on I had my phone in the front part of the house and I went out on the patio in back wearing my watch. I have excellent wifi on the patio .. have watched movies out there, etc. on my phone for years.

Soooo, starting last night I was out there and looked at my watch and there was the phone symbol with the line through it. And it happened again today. I've had the watch for several weeks now and it has never been a problem before.

I thought that if the phone and watch were too far apart that they both would hook up to wifi rather than Bluetooth .... right?

I upgraded to the new software ... wondering if that is the problem.

Does this sound like what is happening to you, also?

5. alxz1194 thread starter macrumors member

That is happening to me as well (watch is not switching over to wifi). However, more specifically, my issue seems to be with the watch disconnecting from the phone while it is right next to the phone.

I've also noticed that my iPhone stays connected to 5ghz networks when this happens, but cannot see any 2.4ghz network. It just happened to me again a few minutes ago - bluetooth randomly disconnected and I could not get it to connect again or see wifi networks without cycling bluetooth on/off on the phone. I'm stumped as to what's causing this and it's becoming annoying as I don't know when the watch disconnects and have been missing notifications :confused:

6. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

My wife's watch is doing the same thing. The watch loses bluetooth connection to the phone as soon as she leaves the house. In order to get it back, she needs to switch bluetooth off then on again on the phone to reconnect to the watch and her truck.

7. dilap macrumors 6502a