Bluetooth Disovery Tool wont stop searching for keyboard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mcsolas, Feb 8, 2013.

1. mcsolas macrumors regular

I am trying out Logitech's new K811 Bluetooth Keyboard for the Mac.

After installing the Logitech Preference Manager, it seems that even though the keyboard is connected / functions, it pops up the Blue Tooth Discovery tool and keeps trying to connect to the keyboard. It will even see the keyboard and show its name as trying to connect to that device and it wont. I just login and close the app and it goes away.

I found the bluetooth preferences and there is 2 checkboxes relating to opening that assistant and I unchecked them. Also I am going to uninstall Logitechs preference manager, as the options it gives you are next to useless and also the problem started after I installed it.

Just curious if others have run into similar issues.

2. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

I have the same exact keyboard the k811 for mac I don't run into any issues I also have the Logitech Prefs installed.

3. mcsolas thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I dont know what made it work like that. there is no way to close the box too, I have to right click the icon after I login and quit the app. I have the keyboard hard wired now, which is how I am going to leave it to sidestep the issue for the time being.