Bluetooth doesn't work!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JasonBourne1, Jun 24, 2009.

1. JasonBourne1 macrumors regular

Its so annoying - it says searching for devices but it never does. This update has been hugely dissapointing!

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

3. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

Doesn't matter. The option for Bluetooth wouldn't even be on a first gen Touch.

4. DanielNTX macrumors 6502

It does work, but only for A2DP devices. Your regular cell phone headset won't work unless they have this profile.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Not all posters will know that.

6. Bob Chadwick macrumors member

Mine does the same thing. I have tried to connect it to my computer and my car stereo, both of which should have this profile.

Any idea why doesn't it time out after a while? It will search until the battery goes dead, if you let it.

7. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I think the only things the bluetooth will work with are headphones. Hopefully someone will come out with an app. for file transfer or expanded bluetooth capabilities.

Or Apple will make that part of 4.0 upgrade at another $10.:rolleyes:

8. DanielNTX macrumors 6502

It works with A2DP speakers and my Thinkpad T61p to output music. I don't know why it would work for you.

9. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

It will work, but your other devices need to support A2DP stereo (headphones and speakers) and have to be put in pairing mode the first time your Touch looks for them.

They don't have track fwd/back working, and there is no volume control from the Touch over bluetooth, but when it is paired with a decent set of headphones the audio quality is suprisingly good.

10. dwl017 macrumors 6502a

dwl017

Yep been there done that, just yesterday. I have a brand new 2nd gen Touch with same problem I cant get the Bluetooth to pair with anything I own like my Rant cell phone etc..

11. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

There is no cell phone sync or file transfer support on the Touch. Yet. The ONLY thing it supports is stereo output to bluetooth headphones or speakers. No mono cell headsets. No cell phones. No PCs or Macs. No mice or keyboards. No network sharing.

Some of what you want to do may come with 3.0 apps. Developers can add protocals to the bluetooth stack. Time will tell.

12. jackrussell macrumors newbie

Earpiece for Bluetooth

I bought a Jaber 8040 and it works great because it uses A2DP, I can hear in one ear and listen too music in the other.

13. Trikster macrumors newbie

Not an issue I've been having... using a SonyE BT adaptor to then stream to my car stereo - sounds great.. BUT.. after a while it does break up - switching BT on then off again does seem to sort it though....

14. RKpro macrumors 6502

It doesn't pair with my phone, or my macbook. Meh. I was hoping I could get a bluetooth headset for voiping.

15. ckhope macrumors newbie

Bluetooth really doesn't work

I've got some A2DP (whatever!) speakers that work perfectly with my mobile phone, but when I eventually got the iPod to sync, the music breaks up - you can barely make out what the song is! When the phone is paired up, the speakers can contol it to pause or skip tracks - doesn't work on the iPod. Bluetooth was the ONLY reason I paid to upgrade to 3.0. I feel robbed!