Bluetooth Ear Device Recommendation Needed

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by stockcerts, Jul 12, 2008.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I live in California, so it's now mandatory to talk hands-free while driving. One of my friends has a Jawbone, which is kind of costly. Can any of you recommend a more mid-priced bluetooth that works well with your IPhone, and provides decent performance? Thanks!

2. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

You can buy a mid-priced, but the Jawbone 2 is the best for price to quality. I would get it as it sounds like you may be on it a lot.

3. Truz21 macrumors member

Yea I'm in the same spot, I live in New Jersey which also has a complete ban on cell phone use in the car. It can be ticketed as a primary offense too, meaning that the officer can pull you over for no other reason than you were on your cell phone.

I had the iPhone Bluetooth and while I liked it and thought it was comfortable, the sound quality was crap and most people complained they couldn't hear me very well. I loved it though because it was so small and I could wear it without noticing. But then I dropped it in some coffee and it stopped workin, DOH!

So I think I am going to be picking up the Jawbone 2. It is a lot smaller than the original and I hear the sound quality is awesome for a BT headset. I may head out today to grab one, so if I do I'll let you know what i think.