Bluetooth earphones for Apple Watch recommendation?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ring33, Apr 10, 2015.

1. ring33, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

ring33 macrumors newbie

It looks like we can pair Apple watch with bluetooth earphones and Apple watch can beam music directly to bluetooth devices without going through iPhone. It will be super useful when jogging because i don't have to carry my iPhone with me. I just ordered my watch last night and want to buy a bluetooth earphone. I did some research but i can't find one that is as stylish as Apple watch. Can you recommend any stylish ones? I will mainly use it for listening to music.

2. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

Bluetooth earbuds/headphones are an interesting market niche right now. It's difficult to get a pair that are stylish AND comfortable AND sound good AND will stay in when jogging.

I use an older model of LG Tone for 'active' usage, at the gym etc, and Bose SoundLink on-ear for more sedentary/higher-quality listening. I don't think either looks particularly stylish. Then again I don't care much about my earbuds/headphones looking stylish.

3. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

Since the music is not stored on the watch, I'm pretty sure you would still need the phone.

4. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

This part isn't true, but I don't have time to prove it to you right now.

5. kaess macrumors member

Beats Powerbeats2. I've had these since December, and I'm very happy with them.

6. Sophrosyne macrumors member

This.

Love my Powerbeats2.

7. ring33 thread starter macrumors newbie

based on description from the product. you can.

"It requires an iPhone, because they’ve been designed to work together. However, if you go for a run, and you don’t want to carry your iPhone, music is also on your watch. So with a Bluetooth headset, you can run and listen to your music without your iPhone."

8. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

You can store up to 2GB of music on the Watch, I'm pretty sure.

9. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

Interesting. I shall Google. Thanks.

10. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

What I'm curious about is podcasts.

11. shenfrey macrumors 68000

If only it wasn't for that revolting ear piece lol

12. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

2 whole gbs of music? WOW NO WAY!!!!!

13. sbbrown333 macrumors member

Couldn't agree more. Work great with my Mac and will be great at the gym with my Apple Watch Sport.

14. blah35 macrumors regular

Calm down 2 GBs isn't actually that much.

15. ivandr macrumors regular

They aren't the cheapest option but I have the JayBirds BlueBudsX headphones... they have a dual earpiece design with a small cable connecting them. They come with a set of clips so you can fold up the extra cable and run it behind your head from one ear to the other and I really like the way they fit when I run. (they stay in and I only occasionally need to tap them back into my ear if they start to slip)

They are usually ~150? (I think... I've owned my pair for over a year and a half so I don't remember) but if you watch they occasionally come up on sale around $120.

They may not be the most stylish around but they look pretty good and aren't really noticeable (if you get the black on black color, they have a neon green that is pretty dayglo and too bright for my tastes)

16. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Its plenty for a few hours workout. I listen to the same playlist most of the time with few changes so it would be enough space for me. My trouble is, I use Spotify so I'm not sure this will be a benefit unless the Spotify option to save music to the phone will also save to the watch via the app. I guess we will have to wait and see.

17. Sophrosyne macrumors member

Exactly, I can't wait :)

----------

It's much better than having the electronics located behind your neck. ugh

18. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

The apple watch being able to store music without the phone is big to me. Afaik there isn't an alternative smart watch that allows me to have music on hand, track fitness that can be synced later to my iPhone, and I can listen through bt while running.

Powerbeats 2? I'd love to try them. Sound is good? I've read using memory foam ear inserts makes the sound better.

----------

I think 2 gb is plenty for a workout.

19. disturbed9321 macrumors newbie

BlueBuds X for $125 on Amazon with a $10 Comply T-500 tips.