Bluetooth , etc = a bit disappointed

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by fireworksdesign, Oct 25, 2011.

1. fireworksdesign macrumors member

I love my air, works fast and almost everything is perfect except for some few issues, i hope mac experts here can help me out.

a. bluetooth - i dont really get it to work when paired with other devices, for ex samsung or nokia phones, i mean they can be paired but i cant see to access the files when i use browse my device? but bluetooth works well with my wireless keyboard. because of this i use my usb connector when uploading my phone pics to my air.

b. usb connector - with my phone connected to the air via usb cable , i can upload my pics, but when i click eject, it doesnt seem to work? ( the warning red ! box appears saying i need to eject it properly . i also tried my my usb drive / usb modem and i cant seem to eject it properly?

c.apple wireless keyboard - i bought my keyboard via apple online store, it came with batteries, and yes they were ON when i opened the package, in fact it was kinda hot and i thought the keyboard is defective. so i removed the batteries and put them on again, and sync it with the air on clamshell mode. last week when the standard batteries ran out, i opened the keyboard and i noticed there was some white residue that came off the battery, in fact im not sure if cleaning it is a good idea ??? do i need to turn off bluetooth when im not using the wireless keyboard, or turn the power button of the keyboard off ?

:)

2. calvol macrumors 6502a

My 2010 Air is working well with Bluetooth, synching no problem with:

1) Nokia 5800 to download pics.
    2) Samsung BT headset and listen to radio.
    3) Sony BT keyboard in clamshell mode at my desk
    4) Mac trackpad.

If there really is a problem, perhaps there is a driver update for your BT module?

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

white residue comes when the batteries leak. you need to clean the contacts on the keyboard carefully.
    However if it arrived that way I would return it for replacement

4. jamesr19 macrumors 6502

I find the bluetooth can be a bit iffy with magic mouse when in clamshell mode. If i move the MBA closer to the mouse seems to work fine :/

5. fireworksdesign thread starter macrumors member

no it was clean when it was shipped, no residue, but the battery was hot ( keyboard was on ). do i have to shut my keyboard when i dont use it? The power button of the keyboard or turn off bluetooth from my mac?

I think the residue came off because I did not turn the keyboard off, batteries overheated??

----------

If there really is a problem, perhaps there is a driver update for your BT module? <<< how do i do this?

6. calvol macrumors 6502a

First I would check for "Software Updates" and see if there is a Bluetooth update. Next I would investigate on Broadcom's support website to see if there is an update to your current firmware version. Mine is the following and working well >

Manufacturer: Broadcom
    Firmware Version: v34 c685