Bluetooth fail

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Goettel, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Goettel macrumors member

Hi all,

My macbook pro has the most annoying problem. Sometimes, in a totally random fashion, my bluetooth mighty mouse and apple keyboard just freeze. Bluetooth shows them as connected but they do not respond. Sometimes redoing the «set up a Bluetooth device» option works but other times the computer refuses to see the devices and only a restart, followed by the setup assistant will fix the problem. Am I the only one with this problem or is it common? Hardware or software? Any fixes?

btw, I think it started doing this since 10.5.7 so I would say it is software...

2. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Run Software Update, there was a bluetooth fix for my MacBook Air a month ago. Maybe you already did this. Just starting there.

3. fehhkk macrumors 6502a

fehhkk

Seems this is pretty common on 10.5.7. You don't need to re-pair your devices, just use your trackpad to turn bluetooth off-on and your devices will reconnect.

Some tips that might help:

- Delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist
    - Pair your devices again
    - Set up your keyboard and mouse as favorite devices: Preferences - Bluetooth. Select the keyboard and mouse, click on the little gear box on the left pane, and add them as favorites.
    - Deactivate the Discoverable function after you have set up your devices.

I read that update 10.5.8 might address these issues. Or maybe these fixes will get pushed back to Snow Leopard.