Bluetooth failure with iPhone 5

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jwroycechoi, Oct 4, 2014.

1. jwroycechoi macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    Using Macbook Pro 13 late 2011, and an iphone5
    Running Yosemite beta up-to-date, and ios 8.0.2
    The problem is...

1. The Airdrop between iOS and Mac is not working (they cannot detect each other)
    2. Tried connecting two devices via bluetooth, but keeps failing (bluetooth with other devices, like iPhone with my car, keyboard, or Mac with keyboard all works perfectly)

Should this be the problem of software? like the Yosemite and iOS are not yet stabilized? or is it the problem of hardware??

I am guessing its software problem since bluetooth connection with other devices are working without any issues... Anybody who has similar or same problem??:)

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

The late-2011 MBPs do not support Handoff or AirDrop between iOS and OS X devices.

Handoff and Continuity, along with iOS-OS X AirDrop requires Bluetooth LE 4.0 on both sides.

Only mid-2012 and later Macs support that.

So it's a hardware limitation.

3. Donfor39 macrumors 6502a

Donfor39

bluetooth is disappointing to say the least with Apple products

mcbpro late 2013 iphone6 the best I've had is connected for -1 1 second:mad:

though handoff phone calls are working and continuity kind off works i can view websites from Safari via macbook though only intermittently view macbook sites via iPhonel

I hope Yosemite full release in a few weeks sorts the 'bugs' though not convinced:(