Bluetooth File Transfers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PowerFullMac, Jul 7, 2007.

1. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Can the iPhone do them? By the look of the menus I cant see any option that would allow you to do so but I could be wrong as im in the UK (land of no iPhone). Does it even have OBEX?

2. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I can't give you a 100%, but I don't see any way to allow for it within the interface.

But maybe I am missing something...

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you can't transfer files via bluetooth, and you can't use the iphone as a storage device either. all media on the iphone has to be transferred via itunes, or files can be viewed as email attachments. again, you can't use bluetooth to, say, send a ringtone over to the iphone.

4. firsttube macrumors regular

firsttube

how annoying right? you can't even use it as a portable flash drive. :rolleyes: It's cool and all, but it just seems like there's a lot more to come.

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

This peeved me. My friend bought and activated his phone in Georgia, while we both live in Northern Virginia. I wanted to transfer my contacts to his phone, since he wasn't going to be home for another week - with a fully BlueTooth enabled phone, I would have been able to connect, select all my contacts, and press 'send'. Unfortunately, the iPhone's crippled BT support allowed me to CONNECT to it with my phone, but denied me the ability to actually transfer anything.

Lame, Apple. Fix it.

6. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

So this begs the question :

If you can't do anything with the bluetooth other than use an earpiece why put bluetooth in? Are there really that many people that use a bluetooth earpiece?

7. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I'm really hoping Apple will enable some basic BT services on the iPhone, sooner than later. I can't use BluePhone Elite, which really sucks...I really liked having a UI and storage for SMS on my computer. The caller ID was nice too.

I can't even use Apple's own SMS function from Address Book...:rolleyes:

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I've got my phone paired with my Garmin GPS, works flawlessly as a handsfree. All my contacts, last dialed, last recieved and incoming calls show up on GPS screen and all the functions work.

9. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Cool
    What model is it?