Bluetooth Flakiness...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by revjoel, Mar 13, 2018.

1. revjoel macrumors member

revjoel

I just bought an awesome pair of Senso BT earbuds to wear when I run. I love them but this morning on my first run with them, the connection between them and my Apple Watch Series 1 kept cutting out when I was running through my neighborhood. It cut out so much so that I had to hold my watch arm up toward my chest to keep it's connection.

Has anyone experienced this and have any advice? Needless to say, it really ticked me off. :D Good run though!

2. revjoel thread starter macrumors member

revjoel

OK. So I reset the earbuds yesterday and went for a walk this morning. Same result. Flaky BT connection with Apple Watch. I finally had enough and turned them off. UGH!!!

Next, I'm going to pair them with my iPhone 7+ and see how they perform with that connection. If it's still bad, I'll blame the earbuds and return them. If not, I'll blame Apple. :D

3. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

There have been a bunch of reports like this for earbuds. One thing you might try is swapping the watch to the other wrist. Some earbuds have the BT transmitter on one side and when outdoors the signal doesn't go through your body well if the earbuds have the transmitter on the opposite side of the body from the watch. (That's a quick summary, you can search for threads with more detail.)

4. revjoel thread starter macrumors member

revjoel

Thanks. I'm going to try a different pair and I'll keep that in mind. Most have the control button on the right side, and, as luck would have it, I'm right-handed so my watch goes on my left wrist. LOL! I'll see how it goes with the new pair then switch wrists if it's still a problem.

5. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

I recently returned mine and got some beatsx for 74.99 at dicks. They were ok for a week when I was using my phone strapped to my upper arm, but when I got my watch I had the same experience as you. Had to hold the watch to my head for them to work.

6. revjoel thread starter macrumors member

revjoel

So I purchased the Senso ActiveBuds S-300 and they are FLAWLESS!!! The connection is solid and does not break at all while running. It's awesome.

I did stick with the foam earmolds instead of the rubber ones just to limit the stethoscope effect. It's still there somewhat but way better than with the rubber earmolds. WOOHOOO!!!™ Time for a run...