Bluetooth for G5 PPC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by andy.barron, May 14, 2008.

1. andy.barron macrumors 6502

Hi All.

Couple of questions I would like some input on if you have the time:
    1. I was thinking of getting the Mighty Mouse (bluetooth) & have figured that I need the optional module (I have looked in the system profiler & bluetooth has 'no information', so I guess I need?).
    Do you think this is worth getting the module (roughly how much is it & how easy to install?) or should I just go with the wired option? Reason is my girlfriend is a PC user & access's Citrix from my Mac & needs the right click functionality.
    2. I have a transmitter (T shape that goes into the AirPort antenna port). Any good to me for this (I am guessing not, stupid question?)
    3. Lastly, I have a Lacie Firewire 800 PCI card installed & while I was looking around the Apple site for Bluetooth advice, I noticed a warning: "Warning: Do not use PCI cards that function only at 66 MHz in the 33 MHz PCI slots. Damage to your equipment could result. If you have a 66 MHz PCI card, check with the card's manufacturer to see if it also works at 33 MHz.".
    I have the card in slot 2 but cannot find anything in the users guide to state the MHz it is running. I have had this card running for about 8 months now, so am I worried about nothing?

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow