Bluetooth Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tjb1, Oct 14, 2010.

1. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Can anyone suggest a bluetooth gaming mouse - NO DONGLES - I need one compatible with the macs bluetooth and I am positive one of you are going to say bluetooth and gaming dont go together, but I did not ask that. Also, already know about the Razer Orochi but would like to stay away from it after I read alot of problems with the micro-sleep mode disconnecting the mouse every 1.5 seconds. So any suggestions, minus flaming, or worthless posts?

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

ha sounds like you have a history of getting some bad responses.

in my experience logitech and microsoft make the best bluetooth mice.

but to be honest with you i think your best bet is to go to your local best buy or whatever and just start trying them.

3. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

4. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

disconnecting every 1.5 seconds?
    I own a razer orochi. very happy with it. encountered no problems. I play games like Starcraft 2, Age of Empires 2 and 3, Black and White. Etc etc, mostly RTS. no problems here... The Mac use it on is a Macbook Pro v5,3.

5. Shockre macrumors member

i have it too and i play fps games and it doesnt sleep or anything. i mean, it does turn the light off when you dont move it 1-2 sec, but when you move it it reacts instantly. i was concerned about that "delay" too before i purchased it but that "delay" doesnt exist. maybe it was bigger before software/firmware updates.

6. rekhyt macrumors 65816

I was actually planning on purchasing an Orochi. I own the Magic Mouse but I'm not really satisfied with it. Maybe it's just me. :| It's lovely for designing and using Photoshop, but it feels like fragile when I click it/I don't really want to damage it through intensive clicking, so I just use my Kensington slim mouse for everyday use.

7. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

It's a commodity item. Use it.

I use my Magic Mouse every day for Photoshop, browsing and sometimes a bit of gaming.

8. itripped macrumors member

Another vote for the orochi here. Find me another bluetooth mouse that outperforms it. Seriously, I dare you to try.

9. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

my concern before I bought the Orochi is the DPI. All reviews I read said that its a gaming mouse, my next thought was, of course it is, its freaking corded if you want it to me. But the DPI is actually 2000 when wireless. Thats as much as any other mouse with a usb transmitter. When wired its up to either 5000 or 6000, I dont remember. I love it. It reacts really fast, and I havent had any pairing problems. It takes about 2 seconds for it to connect when I turn it on.

10. Shockre macrumors member

btw, is it possible to pair it with osx and bootcamped windows? i couldnt do that.. removed windows :D but maybe ill install them later.

11. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

you know I havent tried it in my bootcamp side yet. I will tonight and tell you later.

12. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

I just did. Restarted into my bootcamp (windows xp). Installed orochi drivers from their website, paired the mouse. Works perfectly. And right now I am writing this back from my Mac side. No connection problems. Just turned on and its ready to go.

13. Shockre macrumors member

cool thank you very much. i dont know what was i doing wrong than.

14. DJ-R macrumors regular

Just got the Orochi... I'm loving it but I have to set to 125Hz polling rate due to OS X limitation otherwise the mouse will go jittery.

Man, it was a HELL to take the mouse out of the plastic package... My fingers are all numb because of the package kind of lock the mouse so tight.

Probably one of the most hardest package to open of all the products I bought so far. LMAO!

15. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

lol I found that too when we got one for my wife.... thought I'd break it getting it out

16. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

HAHAHHAHA me too! I was trying to open it very nicely b/c I'm OCD and like to keep original packages safe for most of my things. But with the Orochi i had to rip it to shreds and cut it to get it open.