General Bluetooth hack project - Silverlit Bluetooth R/C car

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dzzl, Jan 3, 2013.

1. dzzl macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I just bought a Silverlit Bluetooth remote control car today with the hopes of hacking it into an autonomous vehicle. I chose it specifically because of the integrated Bluetooth and iOS options. This car is amazing, btw. I've banged it up like crazy but it's so much fun.

The iOS app is iPhone and iPad compatible and offers two ways of controlling the car: joystick mode and gesture mode. I noticed that I'm able to connect to the car via my Mac's Bluetooth; it shows up as a headset.

Is there a way to control/connect to this vehicle using my computer? Are there other projects that could help get me started? I know that there's an app out there that allows the Parrot AR Drone to be controlled using a Mac, but I'm assuming that's thanks to the Parrot API. There's no API for this car that I know of (I emailed the manufacturer today, as there's nothing on their website pointing to an API of sorts.)

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

my thought is to find a Silverlit Bluetooth R/C forum or or group, or RC forum I think you will find more people that can help you.