Bluetooth hangs new Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by hld1098, Mar 17, 2009.

1. hld1098 macrumors newbie

I have had this new 2009 Mac Pro for a week now and just about 3-4 days ago, the bluetooth mighty mouse and apple wireless keyboard would stop working intermittently. Now I have a standby wired mouse to restart the computer or turn bluetooth off and on to get the bluetooth mouse and keyboard to work again. I have searched the internet and have not found any similar problems. Any input helps.

2. grue macrumors 65816

If I believed in god, I'd say this is his way of punishing you for paying extra for an Apple mouse.

However, it's probably Apple just using the public as beta testers again.

…or just an isolated failure.

3. planetaaron macrumors newbie

I've only had my Mac Pro since Tuesday, but I started noticing this exact problem last night. I have to plug in a usb mouse, go to the system preferences, and open up the bluetooth pfres to get it to come back. Sometimes I even have to click on the device and tell it to reconnect. Both my mouse and keyboard drop out at the same time. It seems to happen about every 20-30 minutes.

I'm gonna fix perms tonight and see if it keeps happening. Otherwise, there's probably a bug.

4. fatespawn macrumors member

fatespawn

Yes, unfortunately, me too. I got mine on Monday and probably twice I've lost the mouse and keyboard. More occasionally, I see the ghost-like keyboard flash on the screen saying "disconnected" but when I type - after the first keystroke which must WAKE IT UP, the keyboard is responsive.

:(

5. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

I was using a BT Apple keyboard and mouse for a year or so with my MBP and I finally gave up. They were flaky as hell. I was constantly having to reset them by power cycling. I have no idea what the fix might be, other than to go back to wired devices or, if you're feeling adventurous and flush with cash, try other people's BT products to see if they work better.

FWIW, my wired Apple mouse is kind of flaky too. Occasionally the mouse cursor just teleports itself to another part of the screen.

6. nerdish macrumors regular

I have the same issue with the wires mouse on my Mac Pro, one second im using it on my first screen, then out of the blue its over on my other screen! :confused:

7. hatehereyes macrumors 6502a

hatehereyes

I had this same problem with my razer deathadder connected to my mac pro.
    are you connecting the mouse through a usb hub? or directly into a usb port in the mac?

8. milend macrumors newbie

There seems to be a widespread issue with freezing / locking up and mice / keyboards. I returned my Mac Pro for a replacement just because of this.

9. California macrumors 68040

California

Just can't imagine getting a bluetooth/battery set up for keyboard or mouse.

Had to request the wired set on last iMac purchase...

I can just see myself at 2 AM with a deadline and no extra batteries... no thank you.

BTW, the work around is the usb extension cord that Apple used to make. I have one on my Powermac keyboard and just got one for my mom's iMac.

So what with the wires? Better than dead batteries or bad signal.

10. hld1098 thread starter macrumors newbie

Did it fix it?

Did it fix your bluetooth problem