Bluetooth Headphone doesn't reset

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by dennisj00, Apr 7, 2010.

1. dennisj00 macrumors member

Used our stereo headphones last night and found the bluetooth doesn't disconnect. Even turning off Bluetooth in the settings keeps the volume control labled 'Headphone' and no sound.

Currently have to reset the Pad. We filed it with Apple's support.

2. undrpsi macrumors regular

I have the Sony ones. These are the first BT headphones I ever had. They stay listed under BT devices (no surprise). When you open anything with audio they will wake (surprising, since they were in the other room and off). When they are off they show as disconnected but when you power them up they connect...I assume this is how it's 'supposed' to work? The only way I could get them to 'go away' is to tell the iPad to 'forget this device'. :confused:

Oh...you can select the internal speakers and it won't wake them, but if you leave them selected and open an app...you be playing 'find the noise'..:rolleyes:

3. dennisj00 thread starter macrumors member

Does your iPad revert back to speakers if you turn the Sony off?

4. dennisj00 thread starter macrumors member

Forgot to post that after about the 5th or 6th reset the speakers come back after the headphones are turned off.

5. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

I have the Sony DR-BT21G Bluetooth Behind-The-Head earphones. They sound great and work with both the iPhone and iPad. The only difference is that the iPad forgets to rediscover it.