Bluetooth headphone/ wifi question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rick98761, May 3, 2015.

1. rick98761 macrumors 6502

Quick question to see if I am missing something. I haven't been able to get this to work. I want to: leave my iPhone inside, and go outside, out of Bluetooth range. This puts my watch on wifi, so everything works as normal. My Bluetooth headphones do not have this option. So I either have to forgo music, or play off the limited selection on my watch. This makes it impossible to stream media or listen to podcasts in this way.

What I would like to happen is: phone streams audio to watch, which then is paired to the headphones.

Like I said, I'm fairly certain this isn't possible. Just want to make sure before I submit feedback to Apple.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

If you want to listen to music on your :apple:Watch you must first sync a Playlist onto the :apple:Watch. Then you pair your BT headphones to your :apple:Watch and play the music off your :apple:Watch. If your headphones are paired to your iPhone then you must have the iPhone with you to listen to music off the iPhone. WiFi has nothing to do with BT music playback.

There is no way to stream music to the :apple:Watch (WiFi or BT).