Bluetooth headphones, advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sijmen, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

I'm currently using the Apple in-ear headphones (the ones with the rubber thingies on them), which I quite like. However, I'm looking to get rid of the cord, and get something that maybe stays on better.

The problem really is that I have no idea what too look or watch out for. Are there any latency issues for example (which would be a problem with GarageBand)?

Also, any general recommendations highly appreciated :)

2. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

The latency isnt really an issue, the audio quality is though.

I have Motorokr S9-HD and they are 1 step above awful. I also havent head of any Bluetooth headphones that actually provide good quality audio playback.

3. MacVibe macrumors regular

I've been using the sony DR-BT50 headphones for a couple of years and I recommend them. They are comfy and the battery lasts a long time (it comes with a charger). I've never noticed any lag but if you find any general spec on bluetooth latency then you could probably take that as the lag. I think the sound quality is very good but it will always be better with a wire since the audio signal is ultimately limited by the bluetooth bandwidth.

I've used these flawlessly with a dell laptop but my Imac doesn't work as well. They usually work fine once connected, but sometimes I have trouble pairing so I have to try a few times, and occasionally, I have to actually delete the headphone bluetooth profile and add it again. My apple bluetooth keyboard and mighty mouse were also flaky and I have replaced them with usb versions- so it could be my Imac is just flaky as I don't think any connection problems are actually due to the headphones.