Bluetooth headphones advice

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Elaniel, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Elaniel macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a pair of Bluetooth headphones for my iPhone 7.

I'm very specific when it comes to them, as I tend to only like the in-ear headhpones and am not a fan of over the ear clips. I also don't like the Airpod style where they just sit in your ear (as they always fall out for me)

I currently have the Sony MDR-EX650APT and am happy with those.
    I was going to wait for the Beats X (due to the battery life) but am also looking at the Bose Soundsport, B&O H5, and Jaybird X2. Not to mention I'm impatient to wait for a vague "Autumn" release time.

Any recommendations from people here? I do like my music (not particularly for the gym) but I do a lot of travelling and walking.

Thank you.

2. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I use the Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats 2 wireless Earbuds. I love them Excellent sound.

[​IMG]

3. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

love love love my Jaybird X2 headphones. Sound quality is great, they are plenty loud, they come with a ton of tips so you are guaranteed to find a good fit. the wire management is great and battery life is phenomenal, I usually get the 8 hours advertised.

4. chriscrowlee macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

Buy anything except these hideous things.

5. Rackness01 macrumors member

Another JB X2 recommendation here especially if you intend to run with them. One of the few I have tried that manage to stay in my ears.

6. clunkmess macrumors 6502a

clunkmess

Get something cheap to hold you over until the BeatsX, AirPods & Powerbeats 3 come out.

Here are some $39 TREBLABS. https://amzn.com/B019DB5QQ4

7. Shelleyldiaz Suspended

Mixcder bluetooth headphone will be great choice. The headphone gives 40mm huge dynamic drivers, 20 mW of power.

8. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Another vote for the Jaybirds. I have small ear canals, and earbuds either fall out or hurt me, but the Jaybirds are a great fit, sound good (for Bluetooth), don't fall out, and are fine with sweat (or rain). They reconnect automatically about 95% of the time, people can clearly hear me when I talk in a low-normal volume (I HATE loud talkers), and they hold a charge and charge well.

I actually lost my first pair in the airport shuttle, rebought them on Amazon on the tarmac, and was annoyed to be using my backups (Apple in-ear headphones) for two days.

9. Cigsm macrumors 6502

Would you mind telling me if and how Siri works with these?
    Apple made a huge deal about the air pods having deep Siri integration which is now making me question about getting the beats x. I guess I had just assumed Siri already worked with beats headphones

10. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Siri works perfectly with my Jaybirds, so I assume they also work with the Beats.

11. Ds6778 macrumors 6502

Ds6778