Bluetooth headphones and Netflix or other video

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MyAppleWorld, Dec 4, 2016.

1. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

I am contemplating buying some Bluetooth headphones as a gift for somebody with an iPhone 7 plus.

Their main usecase will be watching Netflix. Is audio lag whereby video is out of sync still and issue these days? And if so, any headphones that overcome this? Or maybe apples w1 chip?

2. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

That is an issue with the Bluetooth transmitter. Ideally you want 4.1 for both transmitter and receiver. If you are using the built in transmitter in your tv, and it is outdated, then you may experience lag.

I am using one from amazon with 4.1 and it works lag free

3. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

I meant Netflix running on the iPhone.

I tested the solo 3 today at the Apple Store and they worked fine , no lag

4. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I would go with the Solo3 if you can afford it. The 40 hours of battery life are real and awesome.

5. Sajal macrumors regular

I use soundpeats qy7 and my iphone 7 plus for Netflix videos a lot, have not faced any sync issues.

However seldom with the QY7 I have faced sync issues on my windows 7 pc and on other Android device, have to disconnect and reconnect in such scenarios.

This has made me belief that iOS has got probably a better BT hardware or stack and there should not be any issues of sync.

6. bosas200 macrumors newbie

bosas200

What do you guys think. Should i wait for Beats X or buy now bose soundsport wireless?

7. harlenmm77 macrumors 6502

I have samsung level on bluetooth headphones. The only time there is lag is watching video on my TV using my roku streaming stick and using private listening from the phone app via Bluetooth. Other than that they work perfectly.

8. kingston73 macrumors 6502

I only have experience with the bose soundsport and I can tell you they are great. They look huge but they stay in your ear perfectly and are very comfortable, I've worn mine for 2 hours at the airport while watching a movie and no discomfort. They seem like they are giving me about 5 hours of usable time, great sound also!

9. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Lag seems to be gone with 4.1 Bluetooth at least for me. I still have one old cheap pair of Mpow Swift earbuds that aren't 4.1 and they lag in Minecraft and Netflix by at least a second. I still use them for music while trail running though since they're so durable and almost no static.

My other "cheapy" 4.1 BT earbuds are all lag free though.

10. happyhippo1337 macrumors regular

AirPods and iPhone / iPad videos are working great for me. On my new MB Pro however I get very async video. Happens on Amazon, Youtube and Netflix.