Bluetooth Headphones, GPS and Hacking restrictions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wildcardd, Apr 10, 2008.

1. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/04/10/iphone.beta.hints.gps/

Interesting stuff in the new firmware

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

If the anti-hacking thing works, I will so laugh at all the people on here complaining about it in June.

3. wildcardd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I thought the same thing too. Gonna be a lot of whine and cheese come June. Until of course the jailbreakers find a way around this too. :cool:

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

If they work in some sort of acknowledgement from an accepted network, that could prevent that. I still never get how much free time some people have to spend what seems to be all day figuring out ways to hack software. Its usefulness seems to be right up there with how to disable security systems.

5. guruji macrumors member

i have been saying for long:

stereo speakers
    BT stereo headphones
    2MP camera (may be 3)
    3G
    OLED screen
    black-back
    thinner
    and bigger battery (meaning improved)

earlier i thought it will be bigger in size, but i was wrong.

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I doubt you'll see stereo speakers because of how crammed everything is on the bottom (speaker, microphone, dock adapter). It already has a 2MP camera, so 3MP wouldn't shock me. If it doesn't have 3G, I will be flat-out shocked.

OLED screen I don't know about. Is that organic LED? Shoot, i don't even know if it's an LED screen. If not, that would be the first improvement. After seeing the black back, I do NOT want one to look like that. I really like the look of the nickel. I also don't care for it to be any thinner because of the pain in the A that finding iPod cases was when I got a 5th generation iPod. Keep the bloody thing the same size for about a decade so we don't have to wonder if stupid Best Buy will take 6 months to get accessories in. It also can't get much thinner because of the audio input jack.

As far as battery life, you can never have too much of that. I use about half of my battery every day (although the meter at the top right and the meter when syncing are quite different), so I could go for one that magically lets me go 2 days without charging if I actually use the iPod and Internet stuff. The battery probably isn't that bad considering how much more use the device gets compared to older phones.

7. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

A2DP would make me the happiest little iPhone owner in the whole wide world.

I still wouldn't be surprised if they don't include it. We don't have it now, and after piles of searching and speculation, I firmly believe there is a reason why it wasn't included in the first place. I don't know what that reason is, but Apple must have one.

8. guruji macrumors member

battery was the reason for BT stereo headset. with improved battery it is 'in'.

9. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

There is really going to be no need to jailbreak iPhones after 2.0

Unlocking is a different story, but the iPhone Dev team will probably have it hacked within a week.

They hacked 2.0 in the beta already.

10. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

I don't know, it seems that it would still be possible. It's not new technolgy. I wouldn't battery life alone would be a factor. Using just the iPod on the iPhone, the battery lasts an extremely long time.

Do bluetooth headsets kill batteries? I've never used one.

11. Data macrumors 6502

If it is ín'in 2.0 software, will this make it possible to send and recieve files over BT aswell, that waht i a missing from the iPhone as it is currently.