Bluetooth headphones & Mac mini?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Wordsmithmac, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Wordsmithmac macrumors member

Wordsmithmac

Does anyone use a bluetooth headset with a Mac mini or a Mac in general? If so what do you use?

2. RolledUp20s macrumors regular

Hi, i bought the sony ps3 7.1 bluetooth headset. Amazing sound. Watching films with them on is so much better than any surround system, also..great for gaming & has a mic.

3. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

I use a Jabra Halo on my Macs.

I noticed that, when the Bluetooth keyboard, trackpad, magic mouse were all in use, the Bluetooth headphone did not work very well in Snow Leopard.

In Lion, when I connect the Jabra Halo to a Mac, the Mac reminds me to disconnect one of the connected Bluetooth input devices if all of the three are already connected.

It appears that a Mac supports only up to three Bluetooth devices. Is this true?

4. spacesamurai macrumors member

spacesamurai

I use the Sony DR-BT50 headphones with mine. While the sound is great, it is too small for us big-headed fellows :(

As for the number of bluetooth devices, it looks like the limit depends on many factors. While you can get up to seven or eight, the practical limit of about three or four.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3887#howmany

5. QuantumLo0p macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

I use a Motorola S10 HD headset. Works great for me on my 2010 Mini as well as my Dell T3500 cad/cam/cae workstation running Win7.

It has great bass and overall, IMO, the sound is decent for the price. (I was not in the market for a $200-300 headset) The only drawback to be careful of is if the ear buds go into my ear too far the sound is muffled and dull, otherwise they are fine. They have a mic also but I don't have a need to use with my Droid phone. This may either be a plus or a minus, depending on preference, the S10 will block out other sound around you. I like it because our engineering room can be distracting at times.