- I used a pair of Sony SBH80 Bluetooth headphones for 2 years. There were a few issues with them: relatively modest sound quality (could've been better) and trouble negotiating pairings to both my laptop and my iPhone.
- I lost the Sonys yesterday.
- I use Bluetooth headphones for calls multiple times per day (I work from home) as well as the gym. I do not run/jump much at the gym. The SBH80 were not sweatproof but I never had a problem. They worked fine until I lost them.
- Call quality, in terms of how people hear my voice using the headphones, matters a lot.
- Sound quality matters as much-- they're equally important to me.
- The SBH80s had a dual microphone setup and I think that helped the call quality considerably. I'd like something that sounded as good for the people on the other end of the line even if it only has a single mic.
Here are a few I'm considering but would be grateful for recommendations:
- Beats Solo3 (much bigger than SBH80, but good sound quality and dual beam-forming mics)
- BeatsX (single mic, easy to carry, apparently poor call quality)
- PowerBeats (same issues as BeatsX)
- AirPods (not at all excited by sound quality, since my EarPods are a "desperation" use and I can't stand the sound out of them)