Bluetooth headphones with Lightning charging?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by JonHimself, May 5, 2015.

1. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I know that Apple released the Lightning spec for hooking up headphones to the lightning port on the iPhone and I know that Apple recently opened up lightning passthrough for uses like phone battery cases... but I'm wondering if there are any bluetooth headphones out there that charge with a lightning cable instead of a micro usb cable? Just trying to limit the number of cables to have keep in-stock. I would imagine/expect a pair of Beats headphones to get this at some point.

2. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

3. JonHimself thread starter macrumors 68000

JonHimself

Thanks. Those are still wired though, correct? Instead of using 3.5mm audio cable, it connects with the lightning cable?

I'm hoping for a pair of bluetooth headphones that are charged via lightning instead of micro usb.

4. SHNXX macrumors 68000

What is th best of Bluetooth headphones for working out?

5. bugelrex macrumors regular

bump, would love to have a small headset without worrying about running out during the day. ie i it would have a small lightning plug and would charge when connected to the phone

6. Stuart1714, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015

Stuart1714 macrumors newbie

There's a successfully funded Kickstarter project which only has a few days left to run which may be what you are looking for:

https://www.pugz.com

7. Stuart1714 macrumors newbie

Pugz have recently announced that they can no longer achieve charging through a lightning port as they can't get certification from Apple.

8. chuyn macrumors 6502

The upcoming BeatsX charge using lightning cables

9. CharlesShaw macrumors 6502

CharlesShaw