Bluetooth headphones won't reconnect

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by SurefireObject, Oct 22, 2014.

1. SurefireObject macrumors member

Anytime I turn off my wireless headphones, I'm having an annoying amount of hassle reconnecting them. When I turn them back on after some time of being off, the iPhone connects to them, but they never show up in Control Centre as a speaker option. They show up in Settings/Bluetooth as Paired and Connected and their battery level shows up in the status bar, but I can't get the phone to use them for audio. I have to reboot it, and reconnect, at which point they'll work again.

I just got these yesterday - they're Powerbeats2. There's nothing on Google about this being a widespread issue with them, so I'm thinking it may be iOS. There's definitely a problem somewhere, but maybe someone else has experienced the same problem and has a solution or workaround.

Thanks for reading.

2. cjake macrumors regular

Same issue with iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 8.1 connecting to novero Rockdale Bluetooth headphones.

With iOS 7 and my iPad mini, I only had to pair the devices once. From then on they would auto-connect when I started the headphones. Now I have to go into settings...Bluetooth and manually connect.

So bad that even after pausing the music for 5 minutes then starting playback, Bluetooth showed connected but the music was playing back through the speakers. I had to stop Spotify and restart it.