iPad Bluetooth Headphones

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by andyvp, Jun 24, 2012.

1. andyvp macrumors member

I would like to use 2 bluetooth headphone units with the iPad at the same time. It would be a great set up so the kids can watch a movie in the back of the car without me having to pipe the sound throughout the car speakers.

Has anyone tried this? I know you can pair multiple devices but I'm not sure about multiple audio devices.

Thanks,

2. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

The iPad cannot pair with more than one device at a time. This is the same for most bluetooth devices

What you can do however (it will be more wires though) is get a headphone splutter [something like this, for example sake and buy two of those wired headphones.
    The setup sucks with all the wires, but it does solve the problem (unless of course anyone else has a better suggestion and/or you are jail broken and cydia has a tweak to help you out)

3. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

You might want to ask the hacks section to see if they know of any tweaks that allow multiple Bluetooth connections, there may very well be one if it is just another one of apple's pointless restrictions. If it's a problem with the Bluetooth hardware itself, then the headphone splitter mentioned above will be your best hope.

4. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

(it's like this sign, except in red)

and instead of creating a new post in the hack section, just click the red/white exclamation "report post" sign at the bottom left of your post, and request a mod to move the thread to the iPad hacks section.