Bluetooth Headphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sau99rb, Sep 28, 2007.

1. sau99rb macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm in the UK and can't wait to get my hands on an iPhone on Nov 9th, but I have a couple of questions....

Firstly:

The iphone has bluetooth, so are there any bluetooth stereo headphones available that work with it for listening to music?

Not ones that come with a seperate plugin sender unit; just bluetooth headphones that can connect to native bluetooth of the iphone.

Second Question:

Can you get bluetooth headphones that also have a mic in them, for making/receiving calls? Not single earred but double so you can use them to play music (as per my first question) too?

I've tried looking everywhere but to no avail, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

2. carman63 macrumors regular

I don't believe the iPhone currently supports the BT profile needed to transmit tunes via BT. Yet. I'm also not sure if the current chipset used in the iPhone would support this, either. Hopefully some more experienced folk will chime in on this.

3. sau99rb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks man

Just been doing some more research and it turns out iphone needs to have A2DP enable for such bluetooth witchcraft to work:

so, if anyone knows,

1) What is A2DP?

2) Does the iPhone have it?

Many thanks

4. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Currently the Iphone can only use its bluetooth for the headset. You cannot use it for hearing music via bluetooth.

5. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile

A Bluetooth profile (mode) for streaming audio, such as from a music phone to headphones.

No the iphone does not support A2DP

6. sau99rb thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it just me, or does this seem to be a major oversight on apples part?

Surely wireless music would be a "killer app" (as Steve likes to put it)?

Will it ever happen? And if so, will it require an iPhone V2 per say, or simply a software upgrade?

Thanks

RB

7. joytime365 macrumors newbie

Yes absolutely right .

8. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

According to me its possible that a future update will modify this functionality and let us use bluetooth headsets. I am not too sure if this is what people are dying for, there are so many things I would like Apple to add first but yes this is something the iPhone should have at some point of time or the other.

9. carman63 macrumors regular

I'm sure that, once Apple has their own BT headphones ready for market, a software update will 'turn on' A2DP.

:p

10. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Your right Apple will be looking at manufacturing their own bluetooth headphones and then updating the iPhone.

11. xxstatic macrumors member

I have one of these iCombi devices that works with the 4g and up ipods,

[​IMG]

Does anyone know if it would work with an iPhone as it plugs into the dock connector?

12. vi2867 macrumors 6502

vi2867

I am looking at purchasing the Apple bluetooth, but all I am hearing is bad reviews. I still think I will try it since I can take it back with in two weeks. I really like how it is integrated with the iphone. I can charge it on the same dock.

Has anybody had bad experiences, too...:confused: