Bluetooth headphones?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MythicFrost, Aug 26, 2009.

1. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Hey, I'm looking for a good set of bluetooth headphones, that I can sync with the bluetooth on my iPod Touch 2G.

I found this link, but I don't want to plug that adaptor in, perhaps I should wait until the iTouch 3G is out, and the OS 3.1 update will be out, perhaps some bluetooth headphones/headset will come out with voice control functions?

Kind Regards

2. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

What do you consider to be 'good' in a headphone? There are tons of different styles--do you want in ear or over ear? Small size or larger? Some have headphones/earphones connected to a dongle that hangs around your neck. How do you plan on using them--sitting around the office/home, doing lots of walking, working out? All makes a difference. Go to Amazon and type 'stereo bluetooth headphones' in the search box and you'll see what I mean. Start by giving us a better idea what you need and how much you want to spend.

BTW, I've owned the Logitech Freepulse--worked OK but sort of a loose fit, headphones a bit heavy and would irritate my ears after a bit. I've also owned Motorola S9 which I liked very much but contrary to their description, they are not suitable for working out as moisture did them in after just a few weeks of use at the gym/running. If you don't need them for working out though, I'd recommend trying Moto's newest model--S9 HD.

I presently own these and am satisfied. Again, my primary use was for running/cycling/working out and they have proven up to the task. However, their fit on the ear takes some getting used to and as you'll find in consumer reviews, people either love it or hate it. It's not over the ear or in the ear but rather, they rest just up against your ear. I use in ear style for my regular headphones so that is probably why the fit took some getting used to. To be honest, this style probably is best as sound quality is good but I get a bit more ambient noise so I'm not oblivious to what's going on around me.

Also, I'm sure you're probably aware but just in case, the iPhone/iPod Touch bluetooth profile doesn't support AVRCP so any headphone controls for volume/track changing will not work. I knew this put I see so many reviews where people are criticizing the headphones when it's all on Apple in this case.