Bluetooth headset - anyone actually working?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MeMyselfI, Mar 28, 2009.

1. MeMyselfI macrumors newbie

Hi
    I’m a recently new iPhone user having had mainly SonyEricsson phones in the past…iPhone is great in many aspects I must say but also a big disappointment in others like lacking copy/paste, lack of delivery massage for SMS etc. BUT most of all one thing that has really disappointed me is the lack of support and compatibility with Bluetooth headsets…really to me it is like being back in the 90’s where this was a common problem!

I have tried paring my iPhone 3G with various headsets from SonyEricsson and paring is not a problem but it is basically unusable and every headset behaves differently:
    - Common for all is that sound quality in my end is fine :)
    - In the receiving end on the other hand the sound is either very low, it sound like I’m sitting in a bottle, my voice is cut and the noise reduction seems to cut me off completely if there is a bit of background noise on the receiving side or the receiver is talking :mad:

So I purchased the Apple headset …it is better but far from good enough! The sound on the receiving side is a bit to low but acceptable, but still cut and worse battery life is poor and so is the range…you can barely turn your head before the connection is poor…that problem is not there at all with the SonyEricsson headsets!

So I started to search the different forums for experiences and I’m surely not the only one that has bad experiences on this but it seems to be worse on the 3G than on the 2G…can anybody confirm this?

Before I purchase 50 different headsets to find one that works I would really like to get your views on this and experiences especially on what headset actually works…not only the voicemail test because basically all that can pair can pass this….using in everyday life in the office, car etc. and most what are the people you talk to saying about you quality?

Thanks and hope for your help…I’m getting desperate as Bluetooth is important for me!

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

The Plantronics 925 works perfectly, is very clear on both sides, and is comfortable. I remember participating in at least two or three threads about it last summer, so I'm not the only one who is happy with it. Half the time, people don't realize I'm on a headset, and sometimes think I'm on a landline.

Before I got the 925, I had another Plantronics which also worked perfectly with my 3G. I can't remember which model, but it was a few years old when I replaced it last August. It worked better with my 3G than it ever did with my Treo.

3. Arakasi macrumors newbie

Yeah , i have plantronics 220 and it works fine with no problem.

4. -amy- macrumors newbie

Plantronics 925 works great for me. Very clear, comfortable, I've had no issues with it at all.

5. golfhero macrumors member

I use a Moto H710 with no problems on 2.0. Software version 3 seem a bit flakey in that I sometimes have to select the outbound device again (internal, speakerphone, or bluetooth) as the call is connecting - to be expected in a beta... But no issues at all with 2.0 on a 3g iPhone