Bluetooth Headset & Car Adapters 4 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by beatledud, Jul 15, 2008.

1. beatledud macrumors 6502

So these subjects have been discussed, but since the new iPhone, I wanted some updated opinions.

Bluetooth Headset:
    I bought Apple's bluetooth headset when I bought my 3G, yet the lady neglected to tell me that the dock (while a great idea) was not compatible with the 3G (I later learned from and Apple Manager friend that they had been briefed about that exact issue the day before). Plus the headset works alright while I'm in the room,but 15 feet away it gets staticky and its also bad if I put it in my pocket. I love the look of it, but is there a better option out there? Can I do voice command with a different one?

Car Adapters:
    I may or may not have a car shortly, but I'm interested in a nice adapter. What is important is having a charger with a stand that holds it so you can view the iPhone with out ruining your driving safety. Since it's confirmed essentially that GPS talking map directions will come, I'd like something that I can read and follow easily while driving.

2. Meyvn macrumors 6502

My advice is to return it and get a wired adapter that sounds better, is stereo, requires no charging, and can seamlessly switch between music and calls. The Ultimate Ears super.fi 4vi is a great option, and I've also heard good things about the V-Moda Vibe Duo. OR, if you want to go the "dirt cheap" route, you could just use the included Apple earbuds, or do what I did.