Bluetooth headset for facetime

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by aldo818, Nov 10, 2010.

1. aldo818 macrumors regular

Is there are good Bluetooth headset which works perfectly for the new macbook air to use facetime and skype?

2. rkahl macrumors 65816

If not there will be soon. Apple seems to be taking an interest in bluetooth headphones (they just bought a company specializing in that).

3. aldo818 thread starter macrumors regular

so basicly they r no bluetooth headset on the market for facetime :(

4. elwood58 macrumors member

Apple did not buy the company. They just hired one of the cofounders as a Bluetooth Engineer.

5. elwood58 macrumors member

There are hundreds, including every phone headset out there, along with a bunch of stereo headphone/microphone setups, like Motorola ROKR. There is nothing unique about how FaceTime uses Bluetooth.

6. aldo818 thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Are u sure i can use any bluetooth headset with my macbook air for skype facetime etc...

7. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

Any bluetooth headset that will work with a phone will work with your Mac. Mind you, there are a few apps that don't like to play nice with bluetooth headsets (like the VOIP app I use), but in most situations, you just need to go into system preferences to set the headset as the mic you want to use.

8. aldo818 thread starter macrumors regular

Do you know by any chance if Skype and facetime play nice with bluetooth headsets?