Bluetooth Headset for iChat/Skype

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by colorspace, Aug 28, 2007.

1. colorspace macrumors 6502

Any recommendations for a BT headset/microphone that works well with iChat and Skype. If so, what kind of battery life and sound quality should I expect?

Thanks

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I'd be interested to hear people's opinion as well. Particularly if the headset would also be compatible with my mobile phone (I imagine they would all be).

3. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

I have the same question (unanswered) somewhere else on the forum. Basically my research has shown two contenders that "someone has claimed work with skype on a mac, specifically a MacBook Pro."

They are:
    Motorola HS850 ($35 from Buy.com, $60 Amazon, $35 Newegg)
    Plantronics Voyager 510 ($42 Buy, $50 Amazon, $42 Newegg)

I see the Plantronics gets better reviews and it looks a little more comfortable. However, a recent rebate deal prompted me to get the HS850 for $15 after rebate... So I'll have that one next week.

I'm really curious who else out there is using a BT headset with Skype in particular.

4. colorspace thread starter macrumors 6502

So have you bought the plantronics and confirmed that they worked with Skype and/or iChat? -- I'd love to know for sure..

5. klex macrumors regular

I use a Sony Ericsson HBH-PV702 with Skype. Works flawlessly although I could ask for more in terms of range.

6. colorspace thread starter macrumors 6502

So Klex, what is the range that you get with the Sony? And how long do the batteries last?

Thanks

7. yota macrumors newbie

hi klex. sry to "reopen" this old thread. I have a Sony Ericsson HBH-PV702 too. You mentioned, that it works with iphone/ipod touch. Actually my problem is, that ipod touch not even "detect" this headset, even it is in pairing mode.
    thx,
    Werner
    ps: I have search over a couple of days in several threads, but I did not detect any hint help about that issue. thats why I add my question here.