Bluetooth headset for iphone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by macgrl, Aug 12, 2008.

1. macgrl macrumors 65816

Could anyone recommend a bluetooth headset for the iphone. I don't like the look of apples one. Any experiences much appreciated. I have had a look in the carphonewarehouse and they have a good range but I don't actually have any experience of the sound quality etc so any tips would be appreciated.

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I highly recommend the Plantronics 510 or 925. I have the 510, and it's larger than I'd like, but beyond that it is absolutely perfect: no static, never a connection issue, and very comfortable. It's also loud enough that I never have it at the top volume.

3. Oilbrnr macrumors 6502

My vote would also be for Plantronics, but for the Voyager 520a. Great range, comfort and talk/standby time.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I would also vote for the Plantronics, but I use the 330 as it was only $30. You may also like the Jawbone.

TEG

5. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

I use the motorola H700 and like it. It is the only one that I've had any dealings with though.

6. macgrl thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you very much for the replies, I quite like the look of the Plantronics range and they are quite reasonably priced on amazon.

7. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I bought a Jabone 2 last week, ver pleased with it. sound is good and the other party hears me perfectly without any of the background sounds from my surroundings.

I'm just waiting for some Jabra gels to come in to make it the perfect headset.

8. Brett3rThanU macrumors regular

I bought a Blueant Z9i a few weeks ago and it has been flawless.

9. KapitanIksrog macrumors regular

Got the Plantronics 925 two days ago. Its fantastic. The charging case that comes with it makes it incredibly convenient (3 full charges off the case). The fit is great and it passed all my "call myself at work and leave myself a VM" tests.

I got mine from buy.com for $68 with $5.49 2 day shipping. It shipped same-day despite saying 1-2 weeks. I read somewhere on these forums that the buy.com ones have an "eject" button for the case where the same set from bestbuy was lacking this and made the case a little tough to work with. I can confirm that mine had this button.

10. peanut48 macrumors regular

Jaybird

Hi

I've ordered the Jaybird 200 headset with the ipod adapter. I read rave reviews about it but I can't say much until I receive it. It looks great for my purposes (gym). You may want to check this out too.

www.jaybirdgear.com

11. navigates macrumors 6502a

Listen to me. Search for my review that I've posted on different headsets. I've tried many headsets and finally settled on one: PLANTRONICS 925. Jawbone is one of the worst headsets I've seen. Yes it cancells noise well but it also cancells your voice to robotic.

With Plantronics the caller cannot make out if you are on the phone or the headset. Go with plantronics 925. Get it from buy.com its cheaper there.

12. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

13. GraceWu macrumors newbie

:)I have the old jawbone. I still like it. I like this band.

14. cmegalodon macrumors newbie

cmegalodon

Bluetooth Headset

I use the old Jawbone for airports and Plantronics 665 for normal use. The 3G works great with Bluetooth except that it runs down power constantly trying to discover a new headset. It also works great with my car's built-in bluetooth (Acura).

15. navigates macrumors 6502a

I have the Jawbone 1 and Jawbone 2. Take my word for it. Plantronice 925 is the clearest and works very well. Ditch the Jawbone.

fyi: if anyone needs the jawbone 1 I'll give it for free. This piece of junk is nothing but marketing.

16. tabovbo macrumors newbie

Umm... I would like one... wanna pm me so we can exchange information....my jawbone 1 broke and I dont have the reciept so I cannot get it fixed :confused:

17. equlizer macrumors regular

jawbone 2 hands down. Iphone 3g and the jawbone 2 is by far the best combo ive had ever!

18. navigates macrumors 6502a

Seriously to the Jawbone users !! Have you'll tried the Plantronics 925? Besides the noise cancellation feature of the Jawbone the Plantronics 925 gives out a rich base and a wholesome sound spectrum.

I've done extensive tests that included the following:

1. Calling myself and recording my voice on the answering machine with the Jawbone, Plantronics 925, Motorols, Sennheiser and the Plantronics hands down was the best. Closely monitored the voice quality on the machine as I'm my best critique
    2. Called the automated dishnetwork line to hear their menu over and over again with each headset.
    3. Switched the sound to the iphone and repeated the same test.
    4. Switched on the fan and the manual AC to simulate noise. Now over here I did find that jawbone cancelled almost all the background noise but at the same time made the voice more Robotic.. Where as the Plantronics had the noise coming but at least the voice was clear and non robotic.

Therefore my final decision was to ditch the Jawbone and return it back to the At&t store. The person over there was surprised on my findings. Well I'm surprised on the communities findings.

19. GraceWu macrumors newbie

Thanks your share...:cool:

I think jawbone is not too bad. may be Plantronics 925 better. i don't know because i have never use it.~~

20. nnfaris5 macrumors member

anyone knows the running time of the battery for Plantronics fully charged ?

21. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

+1. After researching I picked this one too. It works flawlessly with my iPhone and is pretty slick looking. Answering and hanging up work with a simple button press and iPhone always defaults to using it if it's on. In other words it's practically no effort to use (as I'd hope any headset to be, but my last one certainly wasn't). Battery life has been good.

A lot of people compare it to the Jawbone/Jawbone 2. Noise cancellation wasn't a major consideration of mine though, and what I've read about the Jawbone is people either love it or hate it. Comfort and fit seem to be the biggest issue — it just doesn't work out for some.

I've heard good things about some of the afore mentioned Platronics headsets too but hadn't tried any.

Attached Files:

• z9i.jpg
      z9i.jpg
      File size:
      56.7 KB
      Views:
  22. YaddaMinski macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3G with 3.0 software. First used a Moto H710 which was good except it was next to useless outside as volume not loud enough for ambient noise. Next tried a Plantronics Voyager 510 that had better sound quality compared to Moto but it will drop the bluetooth connection and the the only fix is to reboot the Voyager 510. Also, the volume is a problem outside but better than the Moto. I am looking for a new bluetooth headset to get better outside volume (how many do I have to buy???) but am beginning to think the volume issues are due to the iPhone amplifier itself...