Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ellen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
My apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I just bought a Motorola H680 Bluetooth headset for my Blackberry, and it occurred to me that when I'm not using the Blackberry I could use the headset with my iMac running Skype.

I am able to pair the headset with the iMac, and when I make a Skype test call I can hear the sound coming from the headset - but I seem to be unable to record. I have looked at my Skype audio settings (which are all set to the Motorola device) and my iMac sound settings (ditto) and figure the something must need to be changed but I can't figure it out.

I know that the mic on the headset works, because it is fine when I use it on the Blackberry.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

peeaanuut

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2007
Southern California
i dont know the solution, but I hope someone comes up with a solution because I had the exact same problem when using a pair of HT820 stereo bluetooth headphones. I can listen to music and hear the person on the other end, but no luck with the microphone.

Ellen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
At first I thought the problem was Skype - but now I don't think so.

In Sound, Preferences, if I select the headset as the input device, and then speak, it's not recognizing any sound from the microphone.

Has anyone else experienced this? I like the headset but I certainly want the microphone to work with Skype.

Ellen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
If anyone has successfully used the Motorola H680 with a Mac I would love to hear from you. I thought my problem was Skype based but now I suspect it is OSX or some sort of interference.

I tried to make a Skype test call. Sometimes (if I reboot) I can use the mic on the headset other times it doesn't work. I went to Best Buy and got a new headset and it sounds great with my Blackberry so I don't think the unit is defective.

A couple of times trying the headset with the computer caused my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard to lose their connections.

A couple of times when I was connected to work via Citrix (VPN) I had terrible interference which seemed to go away when I ended the connection.

The headset is nice for the Blackberry but I was hoping to use it with the computer (Skype) too so if you have once also I would appreciate any tips. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.