Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkachurak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, FL
I'm at my wits end. I feel as if I'm trying to troubleshoot within the Windows platform, and it's killing me slowly.

I bought an Apple Bluetooth Headset today. While I intend to sporadically use it with my phone, my primary intended use was to use it during video and audio chats within iChat.

So I make the headset discoverable and launch iChat. Of course, I have the handy option of setting up a bluetooth headset in the preferences pane, so I do that. Everything goes well and before long, I'm seeing the decibel feedback and everything is responsive and correct.

I launch my first video chat (using my attached Xbox live cam) and everything is fine. I can hear him, he can hear me. Awesome!

Then, the individual I'm chatting with says he can no longer hear me and only hears a noise like a "factory". Just a repetitive, error-y noise. Hard to explain.

Now, no matter what I do, I can't seem to get that to go away. I can see it in my iChat and sound preferences. Just this repetitive decibel hit, over and over.

If I restart and carefully re-do the entire process, I can occassionally make it work again, only to have it do the "noise" thing again after about a minute.

Any help with this? I'm going nuts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.