Bluetooth Headset Ringtone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by j-a-x, Feb 5, 2008.

1. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

One thing I have noticed with my iPhone that I thought was kind of odd, was that when I use my 3rd party Bluetooth Headset, the ringtone that I hear in the headset is kinda funky.

With my old Nokia, the ringtone in the headset matched the ringtone set on my phone (which was an mp3 file). But with my iPhone, the headset ringtone is a cheesy MIDI sounding song, reminiscent of "flight of the valkyries". Is this a 'feature' of the iPhone or a problem with the headset? Is there some way to make the headset ring with the proper ringtone?

2. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Its not a problem with the headset, its how that particular headset notifies you you have a call. My Jawbone beeps, my Blueant Z9 plays my ringtone.

Edit: I just noticed that you said with your old phone it was different, implying your using the same headset, just a different phone now. if that is the case, its pretty weird. I my headsets perform the same with all my phones, iphone included.

3. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

Yep, the Nokia used to ring through the headset but my iPhone plays the cheesy headset MIDI music. Weird stuff, at least I know it is ringing and its more likely an issue with how the headset handles the incoming call that the iPhone. I got this headset for $8 so I guess I can't complain. :)

4. JEFF2000 macrumors newbie

Bluetooth and Ringtones, application

Hi, Guys.
    Is there any one can help me to find out some ringtones to download, it will be very helpful and at the same time. please help me to pair my computer with my iphone over bluetooth.:):):)
    Thanks