Bluetooth headset that trigger shutter

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Newuser1980, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Newuser1980 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted

Hi, I have tried many bluetooth headset even the Bose, but they are fail to trigger iPhone's shutter( the volume +)

Does anyone Know any Bluetooth that's really works with the iPhone camera?

2. DroidRules macrumors 65816

I don't believe you will find any headphones that will activate the shutter. Why would you need to use the volume switch on your HP to activate the camera if you're holding the camera in your hand to take a picture?

3. Newuser1980 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted

There are times I go to picnic with my family, and I wished that I can put the iPhone a little far away so that we can take some groups photos maybe 5-6 person, so if the Bluetooth headset can trigger the shutter(something like wireless shutter), it will be great.

4. Newuser1980 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted

Wow! Thanks this is what I want

5. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

The problem with the Belkin remote is it only works with it's own app, and not the built in camera app, and their app is pretty lousy.

Anyone have luck with any other bluetooth headsets?

6. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

I dont think you'd be able to find a product that does that. But I think a quick easy solution you can try, if your phone is already jailbroken, is to set an action with Activator.

7. Daremo, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012

Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I saw this on a youtube video last night, and then found a site selling it for $79. This is MUCH better, and a great find. Thanks!

Edit: I just ordered one from this site, and I also found a 10% off coupon code that worked, if anyone else is interested. The code is 10offall

8. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

9. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Wow, my Satechi arrived today. I ordered on the 30th, and it arrived at my door in 3 days. Incredibly fast shipping.

The remote is great, and works as a promised. It's small, connect's via bluetooth, and the remote camera shutter works with the Apple Camera App as well as Camera+.

The other features, using it as a media controller is also very good. You can control the iPhones volume, play/pause, skip tracks, bring up the keyboard, mute sound, go to the search screen... Things like the keyboard and search screen seems impractical to me, but the media controller is great. For $40, it's worth it to me just for the shutter release.

Attached Files:

10. macjacks macrumors newbie

Thanks for the pictures Daremo, I'm gonna pull the trigger right now.