Bluetooth headset that works well?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ddavid, Jul 1, 2009.

1. ddavid macrumors regular

I'm looking to replace my Apple bluetooth headset with another that sounds better. I do not want stereo, I simply want something that sounds good for me and whomever I am talking to. I have tried many headsets in the past couple of years and ended up stuck with about 5 of them. Is there anything out there that sounds works well or does bluetooth just suck?

I just bought a Plantronics 925 at Best Buy and am going to give that a try. I have 30 days to return it, however I'll probably have an idea within an hour after it is finished charging.

2. Synthetickiller macrumors regular

I'm going to bestbuy today (too impatient to order from amazon) to pick up the Plantronics Voyager Pro. Cnet says its the best in terms of quality, although a little bulkier than other headsets.

If I can hear it in my car while driving, its a winner. Other headsets basically forced me to be in a quiet room and defeated the purpose of owning one.

3. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

Lots of other threads on this. Why not search rather than creating yet another one?

4. ddavid thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't look at that one and I did not check Cnet for reviews.

Most of the recent threads focus on stereo bluetooth. Which headset do you prefer?

5. SquareHead macrumors newbie

SquareHead

Jawbone is the best I've used. It sounds great on my end, and the noise suppression works great for blocking outside sounds. It's kinda pricey but I think well worth it.

6. cc2096 macrumors regular

cc2096

Well my Blue Ant V1 just broke so I had to go pick up a Jabra BT530 from BB yesterday. So far I can say it's a extremely nice headset. SQ is great on both ends, and it does A2DP so I can listen to music (albeit only in one ear). But compared to the V1 the comfort just isn't there. The V1 comes with Comply foam inserts, kinda like tempurpedic pillows for your ears. They are the absolute most comfortable BT headset I have ever used. I am waiting for a warranty replacement now and I have a feeling that even with as nice as the features on the Jabra are I will be switching back to my V1. But honestly you can't go wrong with either one.

On a side note to Synthetickiller, I bought the Voyager Pro the first day it came out and returned mine in a week. The battery life was just horrible. I am on the phone constantly and need a headset with a battery that will last. The VP only got 2 hours tops before it died on me. Now maybe I had a bad unit but it was just a very horrible experience to me. YMMV.